Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Valentine's Day very happy may you have, umm!


Everyone knows that we usually make our own valentines around here, but this year we saw some in the book order that we couldn’t resist.  They are cute Star Wars valentines.  Here are some of our favorites. (um, er, please don't copy these, I'm sure that would break all kinds of copyright laws.  thanks) 
The valentines came with a little activity book.  I must share some of the jokes because they are too funny.

Q: What do you get if you mix a fruit with a bounty hunter?
A: Mango Fett

Q: What do you call 5 Sith Lords piled on top of a lightsaber?
A: a Sith kebab!

Q: Why should you never tell funny jokes on the Millennium Falcon?
A: Because the ship might crack up.

Q: Where did Darth Maul get his facial markings?
A: at a Tatooine parlor.

Q: Where do Gungans store pickles?
A: in Jar Jars

Q: Which Star Wars character works at a restaurant?
A: Darth Waiter.

Q: Why was Chewbacca avoiding the Princess?
A: Because he was afraid she might Leia kiss on him.

And everybody’s favorite…
Q: What do you get when you cross an elephant with Darth Vader?
A: An ele-vader!!!

Just to show you how strong the Force is with this family, AJ asked me to cut a snowflake for him, which I gladly did.  I noticed as I handed it to him that part of the snowflake looked vaguely like a storm trooper’s face.  So I had to drop everything and explore that possibility.  I intentionally cut a snowflake with exactly a storm trooper’s head, a clone trooper’s head and Darth Vader’s head.  
Then I felt I needed to cleanse the Dark Side away by cutting a snowflake with Yoda’s head, R2D2 and an X-wing fighter (in the very center, like it's flying straight at you).  
That was so nerdy I didn’t even want to tell M how I’d spent my morning when he called, but M’s super enthusiastic reaction to the snowflakes when he got home and saw them on the table was even nerdier.  I guess it’s true, we are perfect for each other, and if that’s not a lovely Valentine’s Day story, I don’t know what is.

6 comments:

Christie said...

Haha..my kids will love the jokes.. And the snowflakes: amazing..:)

Linn said...

We laughed out loud at the Sith Kabob! And those snowflakes. I made the whole family come in to see (snow day here) and they were in awe. Especially Jacob. So there you go, seven more nerds to join your party (I'm definitely assuming Nate was in awe). You are amazing Christy!

Emily said...

amazing christy! i can't even begin to wrap my head around how you cut out those snowflakes.

Doug and Amanda said...

Thats hilarious! LOve the snowflakes, I can't even make snowflakes look well like snowflakes let alone amazing star wars charcters!

LL said...

Oh you are so nerdy and I LOVE you for it! What a great post!!! Thanks for sharing these - as always, you amaze me!

LL said...

One more thing: any chance you'll be making some snowflake templates for all of us non-crafty people? I think there are plenty of nerds out there that would be all over this.

Followers