In spite of the rain, his favorite part at the end of the year party was the water balloon slingshot.
My favorite part was making these cute chocolate peanut butter mortar board treats!
S graduated from 2nd grade. Her class hosted a poetry picnic (relocated inside because of the rain) for their families. They each read aloud a poem that they picked from the all that they'd read through the year. This is the one S read; perfect for her cute sense of humor and the inordinate importance of the holiday in our family.
‘Twas the First Day of April
‘Twas the first day of April,
And all through the school,
Everbody was playing
The game of April Fool.
APRIL FOOL!
Our teacher had brought
Her pet parrot this day,
And told us to learn
All the bird had to say.
APRIL FOOL!
At lunch the coo told us,
“I’m serving hot soup,
Made of mushrooms and spinach
Plus liver and gloop.
APRIL FOOL!
The nurse told us candy
Was what we should eat,
If we wanted to grow up
As tall as six feet.
APRIL FOOL!
The day was such fun,
With jokes as you’ve heard,
Of course, we didn’t learn much
From teacher’s pet bird.
APRIL FOOL!
Now, maybe tomorrow
We’ll learn something new,
Because no one tells jokes
When the date’s April 2.
APRIL FOOL!
And what have we been doing since school let out?
a friend's bouncy house party
a historic fish hatchery...
awesome playground...
and mostly lazing around, ambling from project to play and back again without a schedule in sight!














2 comments:
They are growing up so much, it is ridiculous! Man, makes us miss you guys, as always.
Love it!! I was feeling bad that we're just goofing around and enjoying summer. Shouldn't we be doing something productive?? Nope! Instead I think we're going to go make cookies. As always, you've done things just right. :-)
(BTW, I think about you every time I go outside and water my tomato plant and pick my tomatoes for the day. That's right - I've already got tomatoes!! I'm not sure I can ever wrap my head around living in the south. If only I had your eye for all things beautiful and your green thumb...)
Post a Comment