We got snow this weekend and it is so pretty. Had to leave the car at the bottom of the hill because it was too slippery to drive up it, but dang, it is so pretty!
Later we were downtown, (in M's 4-wheel drive) and I snapped some shots of our presidential statues covered in snow. They all looked so tragic,or stoic or comical under the fluffy white stuff.
Before the snow fell J & I did a little crafting with autumnal materials collected from our yard. This is his turkey out of leaves, seed pod, grass heads, bark, a pinecone and sticks. . . okay the googlie eyes, construction paper and hot glue weren't actually from the yard.
I wound up a couple of the vines I was pruning out for the season to make this wreath and then adorned it with the wild turkey feathers that the kids always bring me as treasured gifts. . . okay, maybe the gold paint I sprayed on the vines wasn't from the yard either, but you get the idea.
I think the feathers are awesome and sort of a twisted warning to the turkeys of the upcoming holiday. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving 2011!!!







3 comments:
Bill Clinton. He he he he. The wreath is beautiful! That's the kind of thing that doesn't turn out so well when I try.
oh. my. hilarious....love the statue sayings! and the turkey feathers are great...happy thanksgiving to you, too!
Ha ha! Love it!!
Post a Comment